Local Building Resources
(please click on each link)
NAHB Now | The News Blog of the National Association of Home Builders
- Government officials and community stakeholders from the Charlotte area and beyond came together this week to discuss how to address key challenges to making housing affordable for all prospective homeowners during the second installment of the “Building the Dream” series.
- NAHB online course Construction Contracts & Law on consecutive Tuesdays (March 10, 17 and 24) provides a step-by-step explanation of how contracts sustain positive customer and supplier relations, provide for resolution of disputes, and minimize the risk of litigation.
- The National Wood Flooring Association has updated its comprehensive guidelines for the proper installation of wood flooring. Thanks to a collaboration between the NWFA and NAHB staff, the guidelines are available to NAHB members for free.
- More than four out of five builders – 85% – expect to face serious challenges regarding the cost and availability of labor this year, according to a recent survey of NAHB members.
- The 2020 best systems-built homes, industry professionals and marketing initiatives were recognized at the 2019 Building Systems Housing Summit in Pittsburgh.