Local Building Resources
NAHB Now | The News Blog of the National Association of Home Builders
- The Online Sales Counselor: Your Greatest Asset in 2021 and Beyond June 14, 2021In this rapidly-changing market, one thing is for sure — your customers are starting their home buying journeys online and they expect the experience to be amazing.
- Watch the 2021 Spring Leadership Meetings This Week June 14, 2021NAHB members and executive officers are invited to watch the Leadership Council and Board of Directors meetings during this week's 2021 Spring Leadership Meetings. The meetings can be observed via livestream webcasts on desktop or mobile devices.
- Prevent Avoidable Accidents: Trench Safety Stand Down June 14-18 June 11, 2021The National Utility Contractors Association is organizing the annual Trench Safety Stand Down the week of June 14 to discuss trench and excavation hazards.
- 6 Maintenance Tips to Optimize Home Performance and Avoid Callbacks June 11, 2021Communicating best practices for maintaining high-performance homes helps ensure the homes you build operate as intended, and achieve continued energy, water, and other utility savings.
- NAHB Applauds Exclusion of Construction from OSHA’s COVID-19 Emergency Temporary Standard June 11, 2021OSHA issued an emergency temporary standard with requirements for employers to protect workers from COVID-19. The new standard does not apply to construction.
- IBS 2022 Show Home Displays Forward-Thinking Designs June 10, 2021The New American Home® 2022 is preparing to take center stage as a main attraction during the next NAHB International Builders' Show® (IBS). Construction is well underway of the 2022 show home, which aims to raise the bar for high performance, modern amenities and contemporary flair.
- EPA Seeks to Revise Definition of Waters of the U.S. June 10, 2021The Environmental Protection Agency and Department of the Army have announced their intent to revise the definition of "waters of the United States" (WOTUS). EPA Administrator Michael Regan says that the Navigable Waters Protection Rule enacted during the Trump administration to define WOTUS "is leading to significant environmental degradation."
- Mental Health Action Day Reveals Huge Demand for Resources June 10, 2021NAHB proudly participated in the first Mental Health Action Day to turn mental health awareness into action. The response revealed demand for member resources.
- HUD Moves to Reinstate Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing Rule June 9, 2021HUD will formally propose a revised version of the Obama-era Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing (AFFH) rule and seek to have the rule officially go into effect on July 31, 2021.
- Learn Proper Project Management to Build on Time and on Budget June 9, 2021Proper project management keeps home builders on time and on budget. Develop these skills in NAHB's live online course, Project Management.