Local Building Resources
NAHB Now | The News Blog of the National Association of Home Builders
- BSC Member Honored for Lifetime Service, Industry Leadership January 27, 2022Doug Parsons, co-owner of Appalachian Log Structures, has been honored with the S.A. Walters Award.
- 5 Remodeling Projects Expected to Boom in 2022 January 27, 2022Here are five projects that loom large on many wish lists.
- Industry’s Best to Be Recognized at Nationals Awards Program January 26, 2022The Nationals salutes and honors the best in the building industry — including home builders, developers, associates and consultants — for their determination, integrity, creativity and endurance. The event will take place on Feb. 8 at the Hyatt Regency Orlando.
- New Home Sales Post Solid Gain in December January 26, 2022Driven by strong buyer demand and the expectation of higher mortgage rates, new home sales ended the year on a strong note, reaching their highest level since March 2021.
- SCOTUS Takes on WOTUS January 25, 2022At the urging of NAHB and other business groups, the U.S. Supreme Court has agreed to hear a challenge to the Clean Water Act that would clarify an earlier ruling from the nation’s highest court issued in 2006.
- A Note from Buddy Hughes, Candidate for Third Vice Chairman of NAHB January 25, 2022The election for NAHB 2022 Third Vice Chairman will take place at the Leadership Council meeting on Feb. 10.
- Download the IBS App to Maximize Your Show Experience January 25, 2022With just two weeks before the start of the 2022 International Builders' Show (IBS) in Orlando, it's time to start planning your experience with the IBS mobile app.
- Higher Prices, Lower Availability Affecting Home Purchasing Decisions January 24, 2022The share of adults planning a home purchase within 12 months has fallen for two consecutive quarters — dropping from 17% in the second quarter of 2021 to 16% and 15% in the third and fourth quarter, respectively — according to data from NAHB's Housing Trends Report.
- BALA Program Spotlights Best in Residential Design January 24, 2022Join us at the building industry's premier residential design awards ceremony, the Best in American Living™ Awards on Wednesday, Feb. 9, at 5 p.m. ET.
- Podcast: Local Builders Association Leader Promotes Value of Membership January 21, 2022On the latest episode of NAHB's Housing Developments podcast, CEO Jerry Howard and Chief Lobbyist Jim Tobin sit down with Gretchen Gutierrez, the executive officer of the Desert Valley Builders' Association in Palm Beach, Calif., to discuss the value of being an affiliated local within the Federation.