Local Building Resources
(please click on each link)
NAHB Now | The News Blog of the National Association of Home Builders
- If you are attending the International Builders' Show in Las Vegas this week, be sure to stop by the NAHB Headquarters to learn how to maximize your membership and take advantage of exclusive benefits, including deep member savings, access to industry experts, unique networking opportunities and more.
- Most areas of the country tend to be at higher risk for one or two hazards. Practices can be incorporated into new and existing homes to help increase the chance they will "weather the storm" by making them more resilient and enabling home owners to repair and remain in those homes.
- With less than a week to go before the opening of the 2020 International Builders’ Show in Las Vegas, attendees are busy setting their schedules. Be sure to include the IBS Jobsite Safety Zone (N663) in your plans and catch a session that could save your life.
- Total housing starts increased 16.9% in December to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 1.61 million units, according to a report from the U.S. Housing and Urban Development and Commerce Department. This is a 13-year high for housing starts.
- NAHB continues to dive into ongoing concerns over housing affordability, including its “Diversifying Housing Options with Smaller Lots and Smaller Homes” report. The report identifies ordinances and codes that enable the construction of more varied housing types and smaller, more affordable homes, including the form-based code for greenfield development used in the Mews Townhouse Units […]