Local Building Resources
NAHB Now | The News Blog of the National Association of Home Builders
- Planning for Hurricanes and Natural Disasters Amid COVID-19 July 13, 2020FEMA releases guidance document to help businesses prepare for hurricane season and other natural disasters during COVID-19.
- HBA Wins Injunction on Impact Fees with Help from NAHB Legal Action Fund July 13, 2020Before the ink could dry on their Legal Action Fund Grant approval, the HBA of West Florida claimed a victory in Florida State Court, winning an injunction to temporarily stop a county from collecting educational impact fees imposed on new home building.
- Labor Market Improvement Follows Housing Strength July 10, 2020Recent economic data have shown rapid improvement relative to dramatic declines in mid-spring. And housing has led the way.
- Lumber Prices Hit 2-Year High, Up 50% Since April July 10, 2020The Random Lengths Framing Composite Price hit $523 per 1,000 board feet for the week ending July 10, marking the first time prices have topped the $500 level since July 2018. Indeed, lumber prices have soared 50% since April 17, 2020.
- Join NAHB for Webinar Wednesdays in July July 10, 2020NAHB Education is offering a variety of dynamic webinars for housing industry professionals every Wednesday in July.
- NAHB Young Professionals Awards Spotlight Best Across the Industry July 10, 2020The NAHB Young Professional (YP) Awards annually recognize young building industry professionals under the age of 45. Learn more about the awards process and how you can apply or nominate a rising star in your network.
- FHFA Extends Loan Processing Flexibilities Through Aug. 31 July 9, 2020The Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) announced today that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac will extend several loan origination flexibilities until Aug. 31, 2020, to ensure continued support for borrowers during the COVID-19 national emergency. The flexibilities were set to expire on July 31.
- An Open Letter on Coronavirus Safety from NAHB Chairman to Residential Construction Workers July 9, 2020NAHB Chairman Chuck Fowke today sent an open letter to the nation's residential construction workers imploring them to continue following guidance to prevent the transmission of coronavirus in the face of rising cases nationwide
- IRS Instructs Employers on Reporting COVID Medical & Sick Leave Wages July 9, 2020The Internal Revenue Service has released Notice 2020-54, which requires employers to report the amount of qualified sick and family leave wages paid to employees under the Family First Coronavirus Response Act.
- NAHB Professional Women in Building Charters New Council in South Carolina July 9, 2020A group of 14 women building professionals in South Carolina, members of the Hilton Head Area Home Builders Association, officially launched a new chapter of the NAHB Professional Women in Building (PWB) Council last month in an effort to promote, enhance and support more women in the building industry.