Local Building Resources
(please click on each link)
NAHB Now | The News Blog of the National Association of Home Builders
- NAHB today commended the efforts of Reps. Dan Newhouse (R-Wash.) and Kathy McMorris Rodgers (R-Wash.) to urge Washington Governor Jay Inslee to include residential construction as "essential" under the state's "Stay Home, Stay Healthy" order.
- With prospective buyer traffic severely diminished in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic, home builders must strategically scale back on their advertising investments. An upcoming webinar hosted by NAHB and Do You Convert will help business owners and sales teams determine how and where to adjust their marketing strategies.
- The Federal Reserve today acted to provide up to $2.3 trillion in additional loans to support the economy. To bridge the economy from the current period, where it is partially shut down due to virus mitigation efforts, to an eventual period of economic recovery, the Federal Reserve aggressively expanded its toolbox for providing liquidity.
- NAHB is urging members to halt work for at least 10 minutes on Thursday, April 16, for a COVID-19 Job Site Safety Stand Down to educate workers on what they should do to keep themselves safe from coronavirus and to help "flatten the curve" for everyone.
- If first-time buyers had to choose (for the same amount of money) between a smaller house with high quality products/amenities and a bigger house with fewer amenities, 62% would opt for the former. In other words, after about 2,000 square feet of space, most first-time buyers will derive more value from quality amenities than from […]