Local Building Resources
NAHB Now | The News Blog of the National Association of Home Builders
- Cyber Security Threats that Small Businesses Should Address June 28, 2022With so much information being shared through myriad devices and across various networks outside of traditional office firewalls, your business' data becomes increasingly vulnerable.
- ‘No Shame Pledge’ Aims to Combat Stigma Surrounding Addiction June 28, 2022Join NAHB in combating the negative public perception and supporting others in speaking up about their own disorders by signing the No Shame Pledge — SAFE Project's national movement to combat stigma because there's no shame in getting help for addiction and mental health.
- Podcast: Is a Recession Coming? June 27, 2022On the latest episode of Housing Developments, Chief Lobbyist Jim Tobin welcomes guest host Paul Lopez, NAHB SVP for Public Affairs and Communications, and NAHB Chief Economist Rob Dietz to the show to discuss whether a recession is on its way and the implications of an economic slowdown.
- Have Building Material Prices Peaked? June 27, 2022Sky-high prices of building materials in recent years can be attributed to intense demand and insufficient supply. But as interest rates rise, demand is beginning to soften. Will this mean material prices are finally on their way down?
- Are Your PPP Loans Forgiven? June 27, 2022While it's too late to take out a Paycheck Protection Program loan, now is the time to apply to have your loan forgiven.
- Use NAHB Resources to Keep Workers Safe in Dangerous Heat June 24, 2022As heat waves move across wide areas of the U.S., it is important for home builders and general contractors to have plans and resources in place to keep workers and subcontractors safe on the jobsite.
- New Home Sales Increase in May Before Fed June Rate Rise June 24, 2022After posting four consecutive monthly declines on rising mortgage rates and worsening affordability conditions, new home sales posted a solid gain in May as some buyers rushed into the market in advance of the Federal Reserve’s June interest rate hike.
- House Panel Seeks Additional $9 Billion for HUD June 23, 2022A House appropriations subcommittee is seeking to boost spending for HUD by an additional $9 billion in fiscal 2023.
- Harvard’s State of the Nation’s Housing Report Highlights Housing Affordability Challenges June 23, 2022The Harvard Joint Center for Housing Studies has released its State of the Nation’s Housing 2022 report, highlighting the housing affordability challenges ahead, following a year of rising housing costs and demand.
- Learn About Income Measurement Issues for LIHTC Properties in Webinar June 30 June 23, 2022For property managers in the Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) program, income is now harder to measure than ever before.