New members are welcome and we encourage companies and businesses in home building and related fields to consider the advantages of being part of the Big Horn Home Builders Association.
New member policies and procedures are as follows:
- Applicants must have a business established in Sheridan County for at least one year and visit a BHHBA general meeting before being considered for membership in the association.
- Applicants must be recommended by a member in good standing of BHHBA. Many of our members are happy to sponsor a qualified prospective member.
- Membership applications, accompanied by a check in the amount of $368.00 (first years dues), will be brought before the Board of Directors at the next regularly scheduled board meeting. Applicants’ references will be checked and a review completed by the following months board meeting. Afterwards, it will be presented to the general membership for feedback before being approved by the Board of Directors.
- Applicants’ checks will be deposited only after their applications have been approved.
- New members’ names will be added to the local membership list within five (5) days after their application is accepted. The national and state association portion of the dues will be paid, and applicants added to those membership lists, within one month of deposit of their dues. Of the $368.00 annual dues, $198.00 goes to the National Association of Home Builders, $40.00 goes to Wyoming Home Builders Association and $130.00 stays with BHHBA.